MOUNT CLEMENS, MICH., August 11, 2020 —The Macomb Foundation has announced the 2020 nominees for the prestigious ATHENA Award. This international award recognizes individuals who actively assist women in realizing their full leadership potential.
This year’s nominees are:
- Kathy Crockett – Managing Director at UHY Advisors
- Cvetana Cindy Golusin – CEO of Silver Pine Medical Group
- Drema Isaac – CEO of FreeStar Financial Credit Union
- Tonya McNeal-Weary – Founder & Managing Director of IBS Global Consulting, Inc.
- Martha Moceri – Property Manager at Manor at Knollwoods/Moceri Management
- Karla Orlando – Business Development Officer at Huntington National Bank
- Liza Parkinson – President of the Utica Education Association
- Kristen Pursley – Managing Partner at the Dobrusin Law Firm
- Patricia Shall – President of Creative Benefits & Insurance Solutions
- Monique Stanton – President & CEO of CARE of SE Michigan
- Karen Wood – CEO at MyCare Health Center
- Jill Yore – Director of Faith & Community Health at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
“The Athena Program is a way to honor and celebrate the contributions individuals in our community have made to the cause of women’s leadership,” said Macomb Foundation CEO Kelley Lovati. “When you look at the history of Macomb County, you see how much of how our community is shaped today as a result of female leadership. We want to celebrate and continue that work even in these difficult times.”
Only one nominee will receive the award, but everyone nominated will be honored during the ceremony. The 2020 honoree is selected from the nominees by a committee of past honorees: Dr. Kim Getzinger, Beaumont Hospital (2017), Maggie Varney, Maggie’s Wigs 4 Kids Michigan (2018) and Rhonda Powell, Macomb County Health & Community Services (2019.)
With the advent of COVID-19, for the first time in 20 years, the awards ceremony will be held outdoors and limited to only 100 guests. In addition to lunch and a wonderful award presentation, there will be a garden party, shopping, silent auctions, the opportunity for social networking and catching up with old friends or meeting new ones.
The Macomb Foundation will present the 2020 ATHENA Award at The Italian American Cultural Society and Banquet Center, 43843 Romeo Plank Road in Clinton Township. Tickets are $75 for chamber members and $85 for not-yet-members. Register for tickets at macombcountychamber.com or call 586-493-7600.
Sponsors for the event include: Ascension Macomb-Oakland, Beaumont, DTE, First State, NECA Contractors/IBEW Local 58 and General Dynamics. Vendor table opportunities are available! Call Mary Ann Bauman at (586) 493-7600
The Macomb Foundation has presented the ATHENA Award in Macomb County exclusively since 1999.
About the ATHENA Awards
ATHENA Award is inspired by Athena, the dynamic goddess of Greek Mythology, who had the deity of resolute courage and wisdom and was guided and enlightened by reason. The ATHENA Award is just a part of an international nonprofit organization working to empower women in a leadership environment. They support and assist women and those who inspire them through specific, powerful programs that positively impact and develop the leader within them. By recognizing those talents within a woman, the organization is able to strengthen them through leadership training and prepare them to take on the world.