Macomb Foundation Vision Statement
The Macomb Foundation accomplishes its mission by working closely with local businesses, civic and non-profit groups to effectively explore, plan, and implement programs designed to broaden the role Macomb County plays in Michigan’s economy. The Macomb Foundation also supports many of Macomb County’s community-based groups through a tightly-woven network of program sharing and mutual support.
This vision of corporate, civic, and charitable cooperation has resulted in the successful implementation and funding of several initiatives, including:
- Successfully protecting Macomb County’s two military installations (the Detroit Arsenal and Selfridge Air National Guard Base) throughout the Department of Defense’s 2005 Base Realignment and Closure process and bringing nearly 1,000 new jobs to these same bases as a result.
- The Michigan Department of Career Development-Rehabilitation Services Capitalize On Ability Program, which offers special needs adults and children a range of vocational learning and placement opportunities, including tutelage in skilled trades and employment transition services.
- Leadership Macomb, an executive development program designed to introduce local business-persons to contacts and knowledge of how Macomb County’s many organizations and groups do business together. (Leadership Macomb became a separate organization in 2002.)
- County/International Economic Development, a partnership with MCEP for trade missions and relationship development with Chinese business and civic leaders.
- Student Co-op Programs, administered through cooperation with Warren Consolidated Schools. This program allows high-school students to work in business environments and hone their professional skills and contacts through real work experience.