The Macomb Foundation has announced the 2017 nominees for the prestigious ATHENA Award. The international ATHENA award recognizes individuals who actively assist women in realizing their full leadership potential.
This year’s nominees are:
- Ursula Warren, Consumers Energy
- Susan Glover, Baker College
- Demetria Gross, Martha T. Berry Foundation
- Lisa Edwards, ServPro
- Mike Markel, Henry Ford Macomb
- Jackie Roskopp, General Dynamics Land Systems
- Judge Linda Davis, Families Against Narcotics
- Kim Getzinger, Beaumont Hospital
- Carolyn Martin, Presbyterian Village of Michigan
- Anne Nicolazzo, Anne Nicolazzo Photography
- Adele Saba, US Army TACOM
“These nominees are not only accomplished and well respected in their own fields, they give back to their communities and make Macomb County a better place to live and work,” said Macomb Foundation CEO Grace Shore.
The 2017 honoree is selected from the nominees by a committee of past honorees: Leslie Wilson-Smith, US Army TACOM (2014), Debra Guido-Allen, Beaumont Hospital (2015), and Mashell Carissimi, owner of JMC Electrical Contractor, LLC (2016).
The Macomb Foundation will present the 2017 ATHENA Award at a luncheon at The Palazzo Grande in Shelby Township on Friday, May 5, beginning at 11 a.m.
The event will also include a fashion show, vendor displays, raffles, prizes and more. Tickets are $75 and may be purchased online at www.macombcountychamber.com. Vendor tables are available by contacting Heather Schmuckel at 586.493.7600.
Event sponsors are Axalta Coating Systems, First State Bank, IBEW-NECA, and McLaren Macomb Hospitals.